I wanted to give an example of the fascinating conversations my wife and I have. On our way to Church on Sunday we had a slight disagreement about what the word "brunch" entails. I was a firm believer that the only import of the "unch" in the word was to signify that the meal was taking place later in the day, anywhere from 11-2 (around lunchtime), but did not change the fact that exclusively breakfast foods were eaten. Meghan, on the other hand, was convinced that the "unch" was more significant, not only suggesting a later time but the inclusion of traditional lunch foods, i.e., little sandwiches and cucumbers or something.
Webster's isn't very helpful - "a meal usually taken late in the morning that combines a late breakfast and an early lunch." Thoughts?
.jpg)




5 comments:
Meghan is right. It is the time of day. Plus the combination of lunch foods with breakfast.
I have to agree with Meghan. The variety of food served at Brunch far exceed the normal breakfast fare. You don't see sandwiches, really...but vegetables, and quiche and maybe salmon. Light lunch stuff.
This is Sarah Gubler, by the way. I am so happy to hear that you joined the blogging world. And congrats on your little girl.
On an unrelated note, I have a good friend going to Gibson's LA office. And his wife is great, too. I think that Meghan would like her.
Comments on blogs are NOT supposed to be this long...I apologize.
I know you're "smart" and everything, Al, but Meg's got you on this one! Glad to see you have a blog; looking forward to reading it!
Matt Mangum here and Al I am afraid I am going to have to agree with your wife. I currently live in an area where restaurants make or break their reputation on their brunch schedule. While I cannot attend the best brunches (the best brunches are on Sunday) I have read my fair share of menus. I know enough to say with confidence that I agree with your better half. I realize this is a bad way to get back in touch after a couple of years, but I have to stand up for what I beleive.
Welcome to the blogging world. You can visit us at
themangumfamily.blogspot.com
Of course Meghan is right, isn't she always?? Was this discussion on a fast sunday? Alan, I just picture the time you were driving to church on a fast sunday--by yourself--taunting other members by eating an apple in your car--I guess that was better than eating brunch in front of everyone.
Post a Comment